As I mentioned in my previous post, the TV special and album "Free to Be You and Me" brought back a flood of memories from my childhood. And in thinking about how important that the album was to me as a young boy, I started reminiscing about other memories from my childhood. Swimming in a stream-of-conciousness, I compiled a quick list of random things that I longingly remember from my childhood...
- Shrinky Dinks
- "50 Facts about the 50 States"
- "Brite Lites"
- Schoolhouse Rock
- Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective
- "James & the Giant Peach"
- Mad Libs
- "Tales of a Fourth-Grade Nothing."
- Pop Rocks, Fun Dip & Dots
- Stickball bats made out of broomsticks
- Mattel Football 2 LED game
- Pogo Sticks
- Home-made ice sticks made with orange juice
- Sea Monkeys
- Felt banners of my favorite sports teams
- Big Wheel & The Green Machine
What I'd like to know is...
(1) Are kids still into this stuff? As the Peanut gets older, will I be able to share these memories of my childhood with her?
(2) What do YOU remember from your childhood?